After the interviewer asks you a couple questions to get to know you a little better (see our first article for tips), they might move to questions about why you are a good fit for the job.
Here are a few common questions and strong answers to help you prepare for your next interview:
Why should we hire you?
- Be concise and confident.
- Focus on telling them why your experience will benefit their organization. Avoid talking about what you’ll get out of the job.
- Tell them what you will do in the first 30, 60 or 90 days.
Why do you want this job?
- Be specific. What are the aspects of the job that excite you?
- Do your research. What is it about their company that makes you want to work for them over their competitors?
How do you handle stress and pressure?
- Give an example of a professional situation when you handled the stress well.
- Don’t tell them you never feel stressed. Everyone does!
- Talk about ways you manage stress or pressure. Ex: to-do lists, going on a walk at lunch, morning meetings with your team.
Tell us on Facebook: how are your interviews going? What questions are employers asking you?