Please note the following changes to the unemployment process in response to COVID-19.
Until further notice:
- West Michigan Works! has cancelled non-essential services such as workshops, orientations, hiring events and other group activities.
- All unemployment claims can currently be filed online at Michigan.gov/UIA or by calling 1-866-500-0017.
- You are NOT required to report in person at Michigan Works! to register for work.
Search Jobs & Register for Work
After you file your claim with the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA), you must register for work. If you have already registered, be sure to login at least once every 30 days to keep your account active. If you haven’t registered yet, here’s how to get started:
- Visit mitalent.org
- Click on Create an Account
- Choose Job Seeker
- Complete Profile
- Complete contact information, account password and security questions
- Fill out employment information (refer to your resume)
Want more job openings at your fingertips?
Sign up for the Weekly Hot Jobs email and get the hottest job openings, job search tips, employment resources and hiring event information delivered right to your inbox every Friday.