Let us help you get back to work!
You can now call our offices to make in-person or virtual appointments. See our Contact page for location and phone numbers.
Or explore the resources below to improve your job search and employment skills.
Ready to reenter the workforce but not sure how to get started?
Contact West Michigan Works! and one of our staff will help you map out your next steps – whether it’s helping you create or update your resume, connecting you to training, workshops, and assessments, or referring you to specialized services.
Searching for work and can’t find anything that matches your employment goals?
Contact a WMW! talent development specialist to discuss your qualifications and skills. We may be able to make a direct connection to employers who are working with our business solutions team.
Are your interview skills a little rusty?
Let us help! Our staff can help you present your best self in an interview. Register for an interview workshop. You can find all of our workshops here>
Prefer to explore on your own?
See below for links to virtual workshops, hiring events, resources and more!
- Virtual Workshops and Hiring Events
- Pre-Recorded Workshop Videos
- Job Search Resources
- Tips and Other Resources
- Unemployment Info
Live Virtual WorkReady Workshops: Our talent development staff are now offering virtual WorkReady workshops via Microsoft Teams! These workshops teach skills such as communication, time management and more. These are skills that West Michigan employers have identified as making job seekers more employable and likely to be hired. Check out our calendar of events to find and register for upcoming virtual workshops.
Virtual Hiring Events: We offer a variety of virtual events to connect you with employers who are hiring now! See upcoming events and register.
Even though we aren’t hosting group activities, you can still access our workshops online. Check out these pre-recorded videos to get tips on how to find a job, write a resume and ace the interview.
Job Search Techniques
Introduction to Interviewing
Access resources to help you explore careers and search for jobs.
- Sign up to receive the The Weekly Hot Jobs list. Hundreds of current job openings in West Michigan, delivered to your inbox every Friday.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect: search jobs, post a resume, access many more job seeker tools.
- My Next Move will help you discover what you want to do for a living.
- O*Net Online allows you to explore different careers to see what is a good fit for you.
- The Hot Jobs List provides information on the 100 most in-demand careers in West Michigan.
Resources to help you create a resume, write a cover letter, ace the interview and more…
- How to Write a Cover Letter.
- Resume Quick Tips.
- What Interviewers Are Looking For.
- Schedule a mock interview and get professional feedback.
Managing Finances & Financial Literacy
- Tools to Manage Finances through the COVID-19 Crisis Webinars
- Financial & Home Ownership Education Webinars
West Michigan Post
The West Michigan Works! blog has a wealth of tips, resources and information for job seekers. Search by topics such as job search, employment opportunities, job training and more.
Mental Health & Well Being
If you or someone you know is feeling overwhelmed with anxiety, sadness or depression, or feel like harming yourself or others, you are not alone. Connect with one of the following resources to get help:
- Call 911 if you believe you or someone else is in immediate danger
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- Visit the Disaster Distress Helpline, call 1-800-985-5990, or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Visit the National Domestic Violence Hotline or call 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Tips to stay mentally healthy while unemployed
– You are NOT required to report in person at Michigan Works! to register for work.
– It isn’t necessary to create an account on Pure Michigan Talent Connect (mitalent.org). Please note this site does offer useful resources for job seekers.
While we are NOT the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA), we are dedicated to providing resources for anyone facing unemployment. The information below can help guide you through the process and hopefully answer some of your questions!
- How to Check the Status of Your Claim
- UIA 101: COVID-19
- UIA Fact Sheet for Claimants
- UIA Claimants updated for COVID-19
- MiWAM Toolkit for Claimants
- MILogin FAQ
- New Job Seeker MILogin Account Set Up
- Existing Job Seeker MILogin Account Set Up
- Job Seeker Tutorial Videos
- Instrucciones Para la Búsqueda de Empleo
- RESEA Reemployment Checklist
Want more job openings at your fingertips?
Sign up for the Weekly Hot Jobs email and get the hottest job openings, job search tips, employment resources and hiring event information delivered right to your inbox every Friday.