At-Home Resources for Job Seekers
Welcome to your virtual, at-home West Michigan Works! service center! While we can’t meet face-to-face, we can still help you improve your job search skills and keep your search active. You’ll find workshop videos, links to helpful resources and a form to submit any questions you might have. One of our career coaches will respond as soon as possible.
- Virtual Workshops & Hiring Events
- Pre-Recorded Workshop Videos
- Job Search Resources
- Tips & Other Resources
- Unemployment Info
Virtual, Live WorkReady Workshops: Our talent development staff are now offering virtual WorkReady workshops via Zoom! These workshops teach skills, like communication, time management and more. These are skills that West Michigan employers have identified as making job seekers more employable and likely to be hired. Check out our calendar of events to find and register for upcoming virtual workshops.
Virtual Hiring Events: While in-person hiring events are cancelled until further notice, we offer a variety of virtual events to connect you with employers who are hiring now! See upcoming events and register.
Even though we aren’t hosting group activities, you can still access our workshops online. Check out these pre-recorded videos to get tips on how to find a job, write a resume and ace the interview.
Job Search Techniques
Introduction to Interviewing
Access resources to help you explore careers and search for jobs.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect: search jobs, post a resume, access many more job seeker tools
- My Next Move will help you discover what you want to do for a living
- O*Net Online allows you to explore different careers to see what is a good fit for you
- The Weekly Hot Jobs lists current job openings in West Michigan
- The Hot Jobs List provides information on the 100 most in-demand careers in West Michigan
Resources to help you create a resume, write a cover letter, ace the interview and more…
- How to Write a Cover Letter.
- Resume Quick Tips.
- What Interviewers Are Looking For.
- Schedule a mock interview and get professional feedback.
Managing Finances & Financial Literacy
- Tools to Manage Finances through the COVID-19 Crisis Webinars
- Financial & Home Ownership Education Webinars
Mental Health & Well Being
If you or someone you know is feeling overwhelmed with anxiety, sadness or depression, or feel like harming yourself or others, you are not alone. Connect with one of the following resources to get help:
- Call 911 if you believe you or someone else is in immediate danger
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- Visit the Disaster Distress Helpline, call 1-800-985-5990, or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Visit the National Domestic Violence Hotline or call 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Tips to stay mentally healthy while unemployed
– You are NOT required to report in person at Michigan Works! to register for work.
– It isn’t necessary to create an account on Pure Michigan Talent Connect (mitalent.org). Please note this site does offer useful resources for job seekers.
While we are NOT the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA), we are dedicated to providing resources for anyone facing unemployment. The information below can help guide you through the process and hopefully answer some of your questions!
- How to Check the Status of Your Claim
- UIA 101: COVID-19
- UIA Fact Sheet for Claimants
- UIA Claimants updated for COVID-19
- MiWAM Toolkit for Claimants
- MILogin FAQ
- New Job Seeker MILogin Account Set Up
- Existing Job Seeker MILogin Account Set Up
- Job Seeker Tutorial Videos
- Instrucciones Para la Búsqueda de Empleo
- RESEA Reemployment Checklist
Want more job openings at your fingertips?
Sign up for the Weekly Hot Jobs email and get the hottest job openings, job search tips, employment resources and hiring event information delivered right to your inbox every Friday.